The Monterey Regional Stormwater Management Program (MRSWMP) invites you to provide feedback on the Draft Stormwater Resource Plan (SWRP) for the Monterey Peninsula, Carmel Bay, and South Monterey Bay Integrated Regional Water Management Planning Region.
The SWRP is a planning document that identifies public lands (i.e., streets, parks, and municipal properties) where stormwater capture projects could potentially be located to provide the most benefit. Stormwater capture projects collect, store, and treat stormwater runoff as well as dry weather flows such as excess irrigation runoff. Potential environmental and community benefits include:
· Providing water for other uses, such as irrigation,
· Recharging groundwater,
· Reducing local flooding, and
· Improving water quality in local creeks.
A 30-day comment period will be provided starting on June 25, 2018.
A Public Meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 27 from 5:30-7:00pm at the Colton Room, Monterey Conference Center, 1 Portola Plaza in Monterey. You can RSVP for the meeting here:
Public Meeting Agenda
- Update on the SWRP development process and its relationship to other regional water management planning efforts.
- Overview of the process used to identify, evaluate, and prioritize local and regional stormwater capture projects.
- Presentation of conceptual designs for high priority projects.